Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beauty Buzz


Today I was talking to a friend of mine who wanted some tips on coloring her hair. I have been coloring my hair for years now (mostly because if I didn't my hair would probably be white...yes, I'm only 27...ugh!). Usually I will do it at home, only because salons can be so pricey. As I was sharing tips with her I thought, why not share them with all of my readers here at Snapshot Fashion.

*When coloring your hair at home be sure to pick a color that is in your color range. You will want to pick a hue that is either one shade lighter or one shade darker. Try not to venture too far outside that range...and if you want something more extreme please go to a salon.

*If you have never colored your hair before I'd suggest using a semi permanent color.

*Rub some Vaseline around your hair line, as well as on your ears. This will keep color from staining your skin. If you do get any color on your skin make sure you wash it away ASAP!

*Typically hair color is told to be put on your hair for around 30 minutes. What I always do is leave the color on my roots for about 20 minutes or so...and then I will add in the rest of the color to my ends for the remaining 10 minutes. Your roots take a lot longer to pick up the color...while your ends seem to just soak it up right away.

*Some brands of at home hair color I recommend are: Garnier's 100% Color- which is my personal FAVORITE, Clairol's Perfect 10- hair color in 10 minutes flat, Revlon's Colorist- color stays vibrant because of a weekly Colorglaze treatment.

No comments: