Friday, December 11, 2009

Art, Jewelry, and Music...Oh My!

I'm sure that if you are like me you are starting to get really stressed out about shopping for those that are hard to shop for. As the holidays draw near I sort of go into a panic mode. Well even if I can't think of things to buy for my loved ones (really just my Grandma...she is impossible!)...maybe I can give you a few ideas for those on your shopping list.

This may be hard to believe, but sometimes I don't have all the answers when it comes to shopping. This is when I turn to my friends. Luckily I have two very talented artist friends that both have amazing gift ideas that they put together...and I know you all will love them!


Let's start off with a name you might remember, Kristen Terrana. Last year the CD that she put together was featured on Snapshot Fashion, and the good news is that she still has some available for sale! The CD entitled Tracks for Change is comprised of up-and-coming musicians from across the country that have donated a song for the cause. This is a gift that keeps on giving. All profits from this album will go to the charity "Sweet Home New Orleans" to help musicians who were displaced by Hurricane Katrina. Tracks for Change is available on CD Baby, so you have the option to simply download the MP3s or purchase the CD. It would make such a fabulous gift! 

Be sure to check out Kristen's website to view her artwork. And, if you are in the NYC area check out the amazing mural she just created for the Red Cross on W 49th St. and 10th Ave.



Now on to my other dear friend, Olivia Peach. She has just opened up an etsy account and is making some amazing jewelry which include earrings, necklaces, and pendants that actually have been created using images from her original paintings. I love this idea of wearable art! They truely are so unique and beautiful...and so affordable! Please take a moment to view all of the jewelry she has up on her shop. She keeps adding new stuff...so be sure to keep checking back.

To view more of Olivia's artwork check out her website. She has her original work for sale on there as well as prints of some of her work.

So please check out both Kristen's and Olivia's sites. Help support these artists, as well as get some very interesting and unique gifts!

2 comments:

Kristen Terrana said...

Thanks for the shout out Diane! It's always great to get the word out about Tracks for Change! Happy Holidays!!

AsianCajuns (Lauren) said...

Great ideas, Diane! I am so like you- I'm swinging into panic mode now. So any bit of help is so welcome!