Monday, December 5, 2011

Gift Guide- Food

If you are like me you have yet to really give holiday gifts much thought. Typically I'm way ahead of the game when it comes to gift buying...but for some reason this year I couldn't be more behind.

I thought I would put together some gift guides to help give everyone some ideas. Let's start off with some cool food ideas. I think giving food is one of the most simple gifts to give, and one of the most fantastic gifts to receive. Edible gifts are perfect as a hostess gift, teacher gift, or even for those that are difficult to shop for.

Fat Witch brownies make the perfect gift. I first tasted Fat Witch when I was living in NYC and they were delivered to my office as a holiday gift. I think since then I have given them out as gifts at least four times. You can get them in a tin or a box...and get a great sample of all the different flavor brownies they have to offer. One thing I love is their packaging...specifically their logo. TOO CUTE! If you are looking for a gift to satisfy someone that has a sweet tooth...this is just want they need!

For people that enjoy cooking, I strongly suggest purchasing some O Olive Oil. I gave two of these gift boxes out last year (and got one for us as well) during the holidays and they went over big. My dad still talks about how much he loved the balsamic that was in his gift box. They have a number of gift options available...and a number of flavors. I personally love their trios.

If you love peanut butter (and who doesn't?) you need to try Saratoga Peanut Butter. They do not add any unnecessary oils, sugars, or preservatives to their products so it is a natural and delicious treat! I think the most fantastic gift from Saratoga Peanut Butter has to be their sampler pack. I'm all about samplers! This way you get to try a little bit of different flavors. In their sampler pack you get four flavors: Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, Monkey Boy & Maple peanut butter. They also have a number of other delicious flavors including: organic almond butter, gingerbread peanut butter, and something called the Trifecta which is Dark Chocolate Almond Butter with Dried Cherries. YUM!

The most amazing potato knishes ever made are from Yonah Schimmel Knish Bakery in NYC. When we lived in Manhattan we'd love to walk down to their store and snack on knishes. The great news is that you do not have to live in NYC to eat this yummy treat...they ship anywhere in the continental US.

A great gift to bring along with you to any holiday party is some local beer. This is especially great if you are going away for the holiday...bring some local beer along so that others can try something that isn't so local to them. So head on out today and stock up on some local beer! Shown here are some local brews from Lancaster, PA.

What do you think about food as gifts? What are your favorite food to give?

1 comment:

xx said...

balsamic yum! xx