Saturday, November 1, 2014

Stop Shaving...It's Movember


Today is November 1st, and that means Movember is here! Every year the company I work for puts a team of people together who want to raise awareness for men's health by raising money and not shaving. I'm on the team this year...and no, that doesn't mean I'm growing a beard...just supporting the men in my life and my team.

Movember is touching very close to home this year. A few weeks ago I found out that a very close family friend has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. This is his second time battling this disease. Last time they removed his prostate and did radiation...so now this time there is really nothing they can do. A few things to slow the progression of his cancer, but that is it. It's really upsetting, and I don't want to see any other men have to go through this.

Here are some facts on men's health: 

  • Did you know that 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime?
  • Around  8,820 cases of testicular cancer will be diagnosed in 2014. 
  • 1 in 4 adults in the United States will experience a mental health problem this year. 
Please help me and my team raise money!!! Any and all donations would make a huge difference in out fight. And if you can't donate, please repost and tell your friends and family about this Mo Sista's commitment to Movember. Spreading the word is so important!

HAPPY MOVEMBER!

img

No comments: